We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our highly successful team at a leading law firm in Dublin.
The successful applicant will be responsible for developing and executing business development and marketing programmes for the Finance Department, working closely with the Head of Finance, Practice Group Leaders and the partners in the Finance Department. This role is responsible for raising the profile of the Finance Department, helping to acquire new clients and expand existing client relationships.
We are looking for someone to join the team who has a very strong work ethic, business acumen and a strong desire to work for a leading law firm.
- Provide strategic direction for all business development and marketing activities.
- Implement the business development and marketing elements of the Finance Department business plan
- Review and supervise Practice Group business development and marketing plans to ensure alignment with the Department’s plan.
- Work with the lawyers, professional support lawyers and the BD & Marketing team to market the services and expertise of the Finance Department by the development and deployment of thought leadership content and other profile-raising activities.
- Work with the firm’s marketing team to draft press releases, track published articles and consider social media strategy around key projects.
- Manage departmental rankings, including oversight of submissions to legal directories and share best practices in the submissions process.
- Work with the professional support lawyers to develop client and market facing knowledge based marketing tools and materials – technical updates, client education – webinars and seminars etc.
- Work with partners to enable client teams to develop more finance work (including acquisition finance, financial restructuring and insolvency, derivatives, project finance, financial services regulation, real estate finance, securitisation and other areas of finance expertise) for the firm.
- Support the preparation of responses to requests for proposals or information on the Finance Department and in preparing partners for business development meetings with clients and prospects.
Analysis and Research:
- Actively develop and maintain a deep understanding of the banking and financial services market and the competitive position of the Finance Department through extensive internal and external research.
- Monitor, analyse and communicate market, industry and competitive trends for the Finance Department.
- Lead the review and continuous improvement of the Department’s suite of marketing materials, including capabilities statements, pitch templates, deals lists, website content (internal and external) and press releases.
- Ensure the department’s deals and work experience are collected on a regular and timely basis, submitted to firm’s systems.
- Degree in business, marketing, communications (journalism, public relations) – or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a marketing or business development role working in a professional services firm environment.
- Experience leading business development and marketing for a practice group, service line or industry group.
- Experience working with partners/senior executives in a professional services firm.
- Previous experience in a managerial role.
Technical & Personal Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to prepare specialised written materials.
- Ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
- Strong judgment and ability to make well-reasoned independent decisions.
- Advanced understanding of strategic marketing and communications.
- Self-motivated and independent, able to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including pleasant nature and ability to influence others.