The Employment Practice of this leading law firm advises on a variety of aspects of employment law, both contentious and non-contentious, providing strategic, practical and commercially focussed advice to international and domestic clients. The practice spans a variety of sectors, including technology, financial services and pharmaceuticals. The work includes advising on strategic and business critical matters for international and domestic employers, defence work in contentious employment litigation and advising on all employment aspects of commercial transactions, as well as advising employers on internal grievance and disciplinary processes. The group has grown substantially over the last ten years and is experiencing continued growth in both its Dublin and Cork offices. To support this expansion and to help manage further planned growth, the Group is looking to hire an additional Senior Associate.
About the role:
This is a senior role within the employment practice, where you will have the opportunity to work on and lead complex and novel employment law matters for major international and domestic employers, mentor junior members of the team and work closely with the partners to help grow and develop the practice even further.
In this role you will:
- Lead on challenging and novel employment law projects for a variety of clients;
- Work collaboratively as part of multi-disciplinary specialist teams on high value and business critical client projects;
- Advise on a wide range of employment issues such as effecting dismissals, defending High Court injunctions and WRC claims, workforce restructuring, discrimination, workplace investigations, disciplinary procedures, performance management, enforceability of post-termination restrictive covenants, managing sickness absence and other day to day employment issues;
- Manage junior and associate solicitors on client advisory and litigation matters before the WRC and the High Court;
- Support on key client and regulatory investigation projects across the tech and financial service sectors in particular;
- Participate in a variety of business development opportunities including foreign client relationship visits and representing the firm in international conferences as well as the possibility of secondment to our Californian offices, and
- Help drive thought leadership in the employment law area through the client knowledge programme in developing new practice areas such as gender pay reporting, the future of work and the workplace and executive accountability in regulated sectors.
You are an experienced Employment Lawyer with a strong track record both technically and in business development. You are highly client focused and committed to consistently exceeding client expectations. You have a strong academic track record and technical expertise. You can manage a diverse workload, deliver quality, commercially-focused advice with minimal supervision, and lead and develop junior lawyers. You enjoy the law you practice, and are hardworking and resilient. You will thrive in a diverse and inclusive environment where you will work in partnership with top legal talent in a market leading team that is continuing to grow. You will enjoy establishing relationships with a diverse range of clients and colleagues. You are enthusiastic about business development, helping develop your junior colleagues to their maximum potential and how you can contribute to managing valuable client relationships as part of the team.
The candidate may choose to be based in our Dublin or Cork offices.
You have the opportunity to work with exceptional people and a broad range of high calibre domestic and international clients. We want to hire the best people and provide them with an environment where they can thrive. We have an active D&I committee who are responsible for delivering a range of diversity initiatives. We take our commitment to our local community seriously through a variety of CSR initiatives where you can volunteer your time and expertise. We offer agile working and the technology to facilitate it. We provide an excellent working environment, a competitive benefits package and the opportunity to engage in a range of learning and development initiatives. We value a diverse and inclusive workforce and are an equal opportunities employer.