- Leading law firm
- Dublin 2
- €65,000 – €75,000
- Plus Benefits
Tyler Weir would like to speak to people who have worked in a professional service environment, who are process driven and who have a strong HR operations and a general ER background.
Tyler Weir has partnered with one of the leading Top Tier Law firms to source an experienced and professional HR Manager to join their fabulous team.
Reporting to and supporting the current Director of Human Resources, who reports to the Managing Partner, the HR manager will provide a total people solution to the business through comprehensive and varying HR practices.
The role will involve developing close working relationships with the other Heads of Departments in Business Services, the Practice Group Leaders and Partners to gain commercial understanding of their people requirements.
Supporting the HR Director in:
- Delivering a best-in-class total People Solution
- Executing strategic HR initiatives and projects
- Establishing and managing effective communication channels, networks and trust-based relationships at all levels in the firm
1. HR Management
- Provide Partners and managers with advice and guidance on best practice for all day to day related HR matters.
- Timely handling of all employee relation matters, ensuring correct disciplinary and grievance matters are handled sensitively and appropriately, adhering to the cultural norms and existing procedures.
- Implement the performance appraisal process, ensuring that all partners and managers as well as employees are trained, supported and counselled throughout the process.
- Assist in designing all HR Policies and Procedures, Staff Handbook and new hire induction programme, ensuring they are widely communicated, compliant and inclusive.
- Working with Partners and Heads of department to understand the talent needs, liaising with the recruitment team as necessary to ensure that the right talent and capabilities are in place.
- With the recruitment team, manage the on-boarding process for new starters ensuring a positive introduction to the firm.
- Review and approve contracts prior to issue. Ensure all contracts are monitored, probationary periods are reviewed and any employment changes, terms or modifications are communicated both verbally and in writing to the individuals involved in a careful and supportive manner.
- Manage compensation and benefits programme to include monthly payroll administration. Liaise frequently with the Accounts and Payroll department.
- Act as point of contact for business services and paralegal staff queries and requests. This includes exit interviews, general queries, policy queries, family leave support and secondment support.
- Work closely with the marketing department on all tenders and submissions requiring HR input and with the Head of Risk on supplier documents.
- Liaise frequently with the other members of the HR team. Provide support and guidance to others on the handling of challenging situations. Implement changes in HR policies and procedures as required.
- As a member of the HR team lead plans to encourage staff engagement, create and implement long and short term incentive programmes.
2. Management and Delivery of HR Initiatives and Projects
- Manage ad hoc projects and responsibilities as provided by the HR Director on an ongoing basis.
- Manage of the development of the new HRIS system, Select HR. Act as liaison point for IT, HR and other business services teams to ensure Select HR is maximising efficiencies for the firm.
- Introduction of a new online performance management and feedback system for use across the firm.
- Be proactive in identifying and implementing new initiatives that deliver process improvements and enhance the culture in the firm.
3. Diversity and Inclusion
- Together with the firm’s two Diversity Partner and Director of HR, deliver the firm’s Diversity and inclusion programme.
- Organise events, training, sponsorship opportunities and other initiatives that support the firm’s strategic D&I goals.
- Ensure all policies within the firm are industry leading and inclusive.
- Actively seek our external networking opportunities to keep abreast of development in the work of D&I, both in the legal industry and other industries.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
- The successful candidate will have a high level of managerial skills and be proficient in the skills of people management and programme delivery.
- A high degree of proficiency on computer packages including Microsoft windows suite.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience working and managing in a similar dynamic environment and directly responsible to management will be a necessity.
HR Management, HRBP, HR OPERATIONS, HR PROCESS, HRIS
Gym, Laptop, Meal Allowance / Canteen, Mobile Phone, Paid Holidays, Pension Fund