Tyler Weir collects personal data from you when you use our website and/or services. In collecting this information, we are acting as a data controller and, by law, we are required to provide you with information about us, about why and how we use your data, and about the rights you have over your personal data.
Tyler Weir cares about your privacy and respecting your privacy rights and is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your personal information is handled in a safe and responsible way. This Privacy Notice outlines how we aim to achieve this and is relevant to information collected when you use our website and if you use our services.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with or are not comfortable with any aspect of this Privacy Notice your only remedy is to discontinue to use our website and/or our services (if you are availing of our services).
In this Notice we use the terms “us”, “we” and “our” to refer to Tyler Weir.
WHO WE ARE
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the data controller is Laughton TW Limited trading as Tyler Weir (“Tyler Weir), company number 593775 and our registered office address is Suite 1378 Sir John Rogersons Quay Dublin 2 Ireland.
Should you have any queries about this Privacy Notice, or wish to exercise your rights as set out in herein, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
The personal data that Tyler Weir collects about you may include the following:-
Contact information and other information about you: Any personal data which you furnish to us when accessing our website and/or using our services which includes but is not limited to: first name, surname, address, contact details, email address, date of birth, employment details, salary expectations, interests, education history and eligibility to work and a copy of your CV.
Third Party Personal Data: Any personal data in respect of third parties which you furnish to us when accessing our website and/or using our services which includes but is not limited to: names of third party references and contact details of third party references.
Like most websites, when you access our website, your device’s browser provides us with information such as your IP address, browser type, access time sand referring URL which is collected and used to compile statistical data. This information may be used to help us to improve our website and the services we offer.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
There are a few ways in which we can collect your information when availing of the services of Tyler Weir: –
- Direct applications
- You can apply for a position directly for a position (which has been advertised) through the Tyler Weir website and such application will be stored on our applicant tracking system.
- You can also apply for a position which has been advertised by emailing and/or contacting us directly.
- If you apply for a position directly, whether through our website or by contacting us directly, your personal data will be uploaded and stored on our centralised applicant tracking system.
- Applications through recruitment websites
- You can apply to a job that is advertised on LinkedIn; this will automatically come through to our applicant tracking system.
- You can apply through the Irish Jobs job portal and you will be directed to our applicant tracking system.
- Headhunting candidates
- In certain circumstances, we may approach you directly to enquire about your interest in a position.
Please note that if you upload your personal data through other portals/service providers (such as Irish Jobs), as opposed to providing your personal data directly to us, those portals/service providers may retain personal data for a longer period than twelve months before deleting the data. We are not responsible for the processing of your personal data in that regard.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we collect your personal data, we use it for the following reasons: –
- To promote your CV or resume to a customer where we believe that you may be a good match for a vacant position. This matching will be based on a profile of the job specifications you have interacted with recently.
- To speculatively show your profile to Tyler Weir’s clients where we think that they may be interested in interviewing you.
- To carry out reference checks at the offer stage on behalf of Tyler Weir’s clients.
- Your personal data will be provided to Tyler Weir clients where you have agreed to attend an interview with that client and in order for them to issue you with an employment contract where you have been offered a job.
- In order to respond to a query, you submitted to us through the “Contact Us” section of our website.
- To send marketing and other emails, which may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such emails (which consent can be withdrawn at any time)
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, survey and training purposes.
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Legitimate Interests: it is in our legitimate interest to process your personal data for the following reasons:
- If you have submitted your personal data to us for the purpose of applying for a position advertised by our company, we use this information to provide our services to you which includes (but not limited to) assessing your suitability for any position for which you have applied, processing your application and liaising with Tyler Weir’s clients regarding any potential positions in our clients’ businesses.
- To respond to any queries that you have submitted through our website, email and/or our social media platforms.
When we rely on legitimate interests as a legal justification for processing your personal data, we must consider whether those legitimate interests are overridden by your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms.
If we think that there is a risk that one or more of your interests, fundamental rights and freedoms may be affected, then we will not use your personal data unless there is another legal basis for us to do so (for example by obtaining your consent).
- Legal Compliance: We use your personal data in order to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations (including anti-money laundering obligations), to enforce our legal rights and to protect the rights of third parties.
- Compliance with a Legal Obligation: We may process your personal data to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- Blue Sword which hosts the Tyler Weir website
- Tyler Weir’s applicant tracking software.
- Irish Jobs: When Tyler Weir is accessing your personal data through Irish Jobs’ website, both Irish Jobs and Tyler Weir will jointly control your personal data. However, if Tyler Weir downloads or copies your personal data from Irish Jobs’ website to a different medium, Irish Jobs will no longer jointly control your personal data. Such data will be controlled by Tyler Weir.
- Tyler Weir has arrangements in place intended to ensure your personal data is only used in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only share your personal data where it is necessary to deliver services requested by you, on our behalf.
When you use our services, we may share your personal data with Tyler Weir’s clients in order to provide services to you.
We may disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligations.
We may share your information with selected third parties including our third-party processors and our email service providers as well as analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
Our agents and contractors as set out above are restricted from using your data in any way other than to provide services for us. We require that all such agents or contractors enter into contractual agreements in accordance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
- Tyler Weir is committed to protecting the personal data you provide us. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of personal data under our control, we have invested in an appropriate applicant tracking system which has security management systems in place to safeguard the personal data we collect.
- Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted on our website. Accordingly, any submission of personal data is at your own risk and we bear no liability or responsibility for any incepted information used in any unauthorised manner.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- It is important that the personal data we collect/hold is accurate and current. Please keep us informed and please email email@example.com if any of your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
- We will only retain your personal data for a twelve-month period unless there is some exception (for example, personal data must be retained for legal requirements or for legal proceedings).
- You have a legal right of erasure of your personal data before the above twelve month time period. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to have your data deleted before this time period.
- Please note that if you uploaded your personal data through other portals/service providers, those portals/service providers may retain your personal data for longer than twelve months before your personal data is deleted.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
As a resource to visitors of our website, our website may contain links to other websites of interest. Tyler Weir is not involved in any way in operating the third party web sites and has no liability or responsibility for the content of these third party web sites.
Once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over those other websites and cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this Privacy Notice.
We do not endorse, sponsor, recommend or make any representations, warranties or undertakings about any of the information contained on such third party web sites (including without limitation, their accuracy, their completeness, non-infringement of proprietary or intellectual property rights) or that such third party web sites or the servers on which they are hosted are free from computer viruses or other harmful programs or software.
We do not take responsibility for the data policies, procedures, terms and conditions or the content of such linked web sites and in particular we are not responsible for non-compliance by the web site users of any such data policies, procedures or terms and conditions.
Cookies are small data files placed on your computer or other internet device by websites to track activity. They allow websites to perform better, for example, by remembering user preferences and activity for statistical analysis. If you do not want your browser to accept cookies you can turn off this functionality in settings but this may prevent this website or other websites from functioning properly.
In all cases in which cookies are used, the cookie will not collect Personally Identifiable Information except with your explicit permission.
YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
You have the following rights under applicable data protection law, in certain circumstances and subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your personal data:
- A right of access to the personal data we hold about you.
- A right to rectification if the data we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete.
- A right to erasure, where you can ask us to delete or remove your personal data.
- A right to restrict processing.
- A right to data portability of your personal data.
- A right to object to our processing your personal data.
- A right to withdraw consent – where we process your data solely on the basis of your consent, you are entitled to withdraw your consent at any time.
- A right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commission.
Please note that some of these rights may be limited where we have an overriding interest or legal obligation to continue to process the data, or where data may be exempt from disclosure due to reasons of legal professional privilege.
If you wish to contact us in relation to exercising any of your rights above, please contact us by email at email@example.com
Changes to Our Notice
This privacy Notice is subject to change. Any changes we may make to our Notice in the future will be posted on this webpage., and notified by email to you.
This Privacy Notice is effective from September 2020.
If you have any queries on our Privacy Notice, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and please add ‘Privacy Notice Query’ in the subject box.